Debug SSIS import from Excel to SQL Server

• My apologies, Jeffrey. I must have been skimming and missed the question at the end of your post. I just saw it now when I was checking the thread.

The answer is yes, the package did start working on both workstations. I had hoped of course that that was the end of it -- which it was, until today! Arragh!

It is still working on my machine, which has a 32-bit version of Office installed. On my colleague's machine, which has a 64-bit version of Office 2016, it now errors instantly when you try to move on after selecting the file and the Excel 2007-2010 source format in the wizard.

The error message, which follows SSIS's tradition of wordy unhelpfulness, begins as follows:

External component has thrown an exception. (System.Data)

at System.Data.OleDb.DataSourceWrapper.InitializeAndCreateSession(OleDbConnectionString constr, SessionWrapper& sessionWrapper)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

I strongly suspect that the problem was precipitated by a recent system update pushed out by our IT people.

I did try getting my colleague to re-run "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe /quiet" from the command prompt, but it made no difference.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I am all sensory receptors.

MarkD

P.S. I suppose I could start another thread, but I am reluctant to do so because of the amount of background explanation that would need repeating.

• Sorted it.

Uninstalled both the 32-bit and the 64-bit AccessDatabaseEngine.exe 2016 drivers.

Uninstalled all earlier versions of said drivers.

Reinstalled the 32-bit AccessDatabase Engine.exe 2016 program from the command line using /quiet in order to avoid problems with the 64-bit Office installation.

Impoprt from Excel now works OK. Long may it continue.

MarkD

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply