deadlocks on sql server

• Hi,

Iam facing a this probelm first time ever. Having deadlocks every 15 mins or so. The problem here is the Object IDs in the deadlock trace are missing in sysObject. Are these ID of temporary objects ?? These are Object IDs and not HOTBT IDs.

I don't know where should i begin looking for the source of problem because of these invalid IDs

If anybody has come across such issue in the past. Please help.

Regards,

ekmatra

• Did you try running profiler trace or enable trace flags to see exact code causing it ?

Cheers

Sat

Cheer Satish 🙂

• Yes, The object ID iam referring here is from the trace.

• Search for the object id within the DB that is experiencing the blocking...

Carlton.

• Yes, iam searching in the same DB. Iam using the database ID from the trace.

Its very strange that iam not finding this Object ID in the sysObject of that database

• I find the deadlock graph in Trace can sometimes not provide enough information to really figure out what's up with some deadlocks. You might be better off using the data from TraceFlag 1222. It's much more complete.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Glitch. Edited.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply