Deadlocks on msdb

• Hi, past 2 day's im getting deadlock alerts from sql monitor

HighDeadlock | 2162718

Raised on:.\(local)

Time raised:30 Sep 2015 1:18 AM (UTC+01)

Details

SPID:80

Victim:Victim process

Lock details:object: msdb.dbo.dbm_monitor_data, lock mode: Intent exclusive (IX), file id: 1, page no. 19688

Fragment:use msdb

exec sys.sp_dbmmonitorresults @database_name=N'Live', @mode = 0, @update_table = 1

SPID:81

Victim:

Lock details:object: msdb.dbo.dbm_monitor_data, lock mode: Intent exclusive (IX), file id: 1, page no. 19688

exec sys.sp_dbmmonitorresults @database_name=N'Live', @mode = 0, @update_table = 1

SPID:87

Victim:

Lock details:object: msdb.dbo.dbm_monitor_data, lock mode: Shared (S), file id: 1, page no. 19689

I assume that's something to do with mirroring but what is causing it?

• Deadlocks are generally caused by two different items hitting the same table / extents / pages at the same time and one of them holding an exclusive lock.

Are you using the monitoring tables for anything? Do you have jobs set up that reference them?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (9/30/2015)

...Are you using the monitoring tables for anything? Do you have jobs set up that reference them?

After I read this statement i realized that another DBA decided to set up a monitoring job around 2 days ago to check the state of mirroring. Would that nail it?

• There is a job that executes sys.sp_dbmmonitorupdate every minute.

• Emil B (9/30/2015)

Brandie Tarvin (9/30/2015)

...Are you using the monitoring tables for anything? Do you have jobs set up that reference them?

After I read this statement i realized that another DBA decided to set up a monitoring job around 2 days ago to check the state of mirroring. Would that nail it?

Probably.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply