Deadlock Errors

• Hello,

In the last month, the main DB for my company has started doing this at random intervals:

All schedulers on Node 0 appear deadlocked due to a large number of worker threads waiting on LCK_M_IX. Process Utilization 18%.

The time stamp counter of CPU on scheduler id 2 is not synchronized with other CPUs.

SQL then won't accept any connections and I have to restart the service to get it working again.

We're running Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3200.00 (X64) Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) on 8x quad core Xeon's with 96GB ram. We are using a databse mirroring.

There is nothing in the logs to indicate a problem beforehand :ermm:

I've found various posts on this topic on different websites, but none with a solution. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks.

• Lock is usual activity on the sql server.SQL Server implements lock serveral time depending upon the priority and type of transaction.Deadlock is the process where you find two or more threads tries to access/modify one operation/data .

First find the cause of the deadlock.use sp_lock2 and find the spid which is creating lock.

use sp_who to get the user name .

One solution is to killl the transaction KILL spid with statusonly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply