dbWarden - A Free SQL Server Monitoring Package

• Great to hear, thanks for letting me know.

• Hello,

would it be a good idea to create an automatic purging job for the history tables - maybe with configurable days to keep the data?

BTW: I've created Jobs for SQL Express Versions on a standard server with linked Server connections and this works.

Therefore I have to enable DBMail and configure this via T-SQL on the Express Machine but this works also.

Maybe this is the first step for a central server installation - that would be a great benefit!

If you are interested, here are the Links to where I found the scripts:

http://www.snapdba.com/2013/04/enabling-and-configuring-database-mail-in-sql-server-using-t-sql/

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3626056/Database-Mail-in-SQL-Server-2005.htm

Thanks again for this great tool!

Regards,

Volker

• I have installed this today and it works fine except for the health report. This fails on linked servers. Is there any way this part can be disabled?

Thanks

Shane

• Same for me on one of the linked servers. The other one works fine...

I've created a Planned Task with a sqlcmd Command for the health report on the server itself.

Regards,

Volker

• Whenever an email is sent, it comes from me, I'd rather not have that. I've been looking in SPs and tables, but don't see it.

• Volker.Bachmann (9/23/2013)

Hello,

would it be a good idea to create an automatic purging job for the history tables - maybe with configurable days to keep the data?

BTW: I've created Jobs for SQL Express Versions on a standard server with linked Server connections and this works.

Therefore I have to enable DBMail and configure this via T-SQL on the Express Machine but this works also.

Maybe this is the first step for a central server installation - that would be a great benefit!

If you are interested, here are the Links to where I found the scripts:

http://www.snapdba.com/2013/04/enabling-and-configuring-database-mail-in-sql-server-using-t-sql/

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3626056/Database-Mail-in-SQL-Server-2005.htm

Thanks again for this great tool!

Regards,

Volker

Thanks Volker, I'll have to check out those links. We've been working on a centralized solution and have made good progress so far.

• shane.davies (9/27/2013)

I have installed this today and it works fine except for the health report. This fails on linked servers. Is there any way this part can be disabled?

Thanks

Shane

What error message are you receiving? It will help me nail down the issue.

Thanks!

• Sailor (9/27/2013)

Whenever an email is sent, it comes from me, I'd rather not have that. I've been looking in SPs and tables, but don't see it.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your issue, the name from which the emails are sent is contained in the DBMail configuration. You can set the From name to anybody...

• michaelrounds (9/27/2013)

Sailor (9/27/2013)

Whenever an email is sent, it comes from me, I'd rather not have that. I've been looking in SPs and tables, but don't see it.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your issue, the name from which the emails are sent is contained in the DBMail configuration. You can set the From name to anybody...

Yep, just figured it out. It was in DB Mail Config.

• michaelrounds (9/27/2013)

shane.davies (9/27/2013)

I have installed this today and it works fine except for the health report. This fails on linked servers. Is there any way this part can be disabled?

Thanks

Shane

Thanks![/quote

The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "SIM-5SERIES-00" was unable to begin a distributed transaction. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7391) OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "SIM-5SERIES-00" returned message "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions.". [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7412)]

Basically I do not want this to cover linked servers, just the BD's on the server this is running on.

Thanks

Shane

• Hello All,

I just put this into a new environment last week, and have been getting errors with my health report.

I get...

"Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation. [SQLSTATE 01003]

Msg 207, Sev 16, State 1, Line 203 : Invalid column name 'publisher_type'. [SQLSTATE 42S22]" .

The report runs and emails, but I'd like to clean up these messages.

Has anyone encountered this or anything like it? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Jon

• JonR76 (9/30/2013)

Hello All,

I just put this into a new environment last week, and have been getting errors with my health report.

I get...

"Warning: Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation. [SQLSTATE 01003]

Msg 207, Sev 16, State 1, Line 203 : Invalid column name 'publisher_type'. [SQLSTATE 42S22]" .

The report runs and emails, but I'd like to clean up these messages.

Has anyone encountered this or anything like it? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Which version are you running (and service pack)?

• Hello.

I am running SQL 2008R2. No SPs I believe, as my level shows at 10.50.1600. I am at 2.5.2 of dbWarden.

Thanks.

Jon

• shane.davies (9/30/2013)

michaelrounds (9/27/2013)

shane.davies (9/27/2013)

Thanks

Shane

Thanks![/quote

The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "SIM-5SERIES-00" was unable to begin a distributed transaction. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7391) OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI10" for linked server "SIM-5SERIES-00" returned message "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions.". [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7412)]

Basically I do not want this to cover linked servers, just the BD's on the server this is running on.

Thanks

Shane

Has there been anydevelopment on this? I haven't seen a reply since I posted the error message?

Thanks

Shane

• Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to report that version 2.5.2 still has bugs for case sensitive servers. Namely, there are a couple of "Enabled" columns (from sysjobs) that need to read "enabled"; a couple of "@TABLENAME occurrences that need to read "@TableName"; a few "@dbname" instances that need to read "@DBName"; and finally a bunch of "SYSNAME" datatypes that need to read "sysname" (at least on my server).

If you like, I can email you my corrected version of the script.

UPDATE: And there are a LOT more changes I needed to make the rpt_HealthReport sp.

UPDATE2: There are so many changes I've had to make to multiple sp's to get this to work on my case sensitive collated instance, that I am now wondering if Michael may have accidentally bundled the wrong scripts in with v.2.5.2. In any event, the ones that are included in the dbWarden installation file will most definitely not work in a case sensitive environment.

Dan

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 186 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply