DBCC SHOWCONTIG PERMISSIONS

• I WANT TO GRANT PERMISSION FOR DBCC SHOWCONTIG

PLEASE TELL HOW TO DO THAT

• once again, msdn has the answer!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa258803(SQL.80).aspx

"Permissions

DBCC SHOWCONTIG permissions default to members of the sysadmin fixed server role, the db_owner and db_ddladmin fixed database roles, and the table owner, and are not transferable.

"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• hi actually i tried to user tidb_ddladmin role but i dont have permission to do that.

is there any other alternative to do it?

like we do grant alter to [domain\username]

• You mean you dont have permission, to grant permissions to others?

have your DBA grant sysadmin rights...where and if needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• i have limited rights..

actually some time back we remove alter and exec permission the user, now i have given back the alter and execute permisssion. but earlier this user was able to use dbcc showcontig but now he is not.

• sorryy my mistake..

i have added the user db_ddladmin now he able to access

thanks for replying

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply