"dbcc checkdb WITH NO_INFOMSGS" ???

• I have a few sql server installed and found that, one of the SQL server is executing dbcc checkdb task for every hours. My concern is the job might take some SQL resources.

From the process id is "dbcc checkdb WITH NO_INFOMSGS" and from the sql server logs is

"DBCC CHECKDB (Test) executed by ABC\admin found 0 errors and repaired 0 errors."

I didn't for any job in sql server agent! May I know how to disable ot stop the task?

Thanks in advance.

• Maybe there's Windows scheduled task that kicks off every hour.

Failing that, it may be fired from another machine. You can run profiler, looking for DBCC events only, and include hostname in the columns.

Cheers,

- Mark

Cheers,
    - Mark

• What application does the database run for, SMS?

• I am running ERP system. From profiler, the task ran from local host. I can't find any task in windows schedule as well. please advise!

• Does the time coincide with the execution of any sql scheduled jobs?

...and, is it regular? eg. every hour exactly

Cheers,

- Mark

Edited by - mccork on 09/15/2003 8:17:44 PM

Cheers,
    - Mark

• Yes, the task happened for every 45 minutes 1 hour. From sp_who2, I found that the program name "SQLDMO_1" was running the task. Any idea?

• Appears to be a database maintenance plan. Check for jobs called "Integrity Checks Job for DB Maintenance Plan...."

Cheers,

- Mark

Cheers,
    - Mark

• Hi Mccork,

Thanks for your reply! I found it. becuase the option is enable and I configured transaction log backup for every 10 minutes. The task will automatically run before the backup task.

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply