DBCC CHECKDB execution....

• Hi,

In which case , we can use DBCC CHECKDB in production/testing/dev environment.

• You absolutely MUST run CheckDB on all databases on a regular basis. If you don't, how will you know if the database gets corrupt?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I don't really understand the question, but you can use it in any environment.

Dave

• Yes I can run any environment but in which point of time/case i can execute this DBCC CHECKDB?

• See my first reply...

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I run DBCC CHECKDB on a daily basis. The datadases I'm responsible for aren't big and we have a large maintenace window.

Dave

• What is preventing you from running this (DBCC CHECKDB)?

Is it you have no maintenace window, or something else?

Dave

• Read this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176064%28v=sql.90%29.aspx

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• You can run it on any environment. As you've already been told by Gail, you must run it in Production. When? Find the time when you have the least load on the system. I'd run it as often as you can up to once a day.

It brings up another question though, what's your backup schedule look like?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply