DBCC CHECKDB error 2576 allocation errors

• Getting the following after the execution of the DBCC CHECKDB:

Msg 2576, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The Index Allocation Map (IAM) page (0:0) is pointed to by the previous pointer of IAM page (3:17) in object ID 0, index ID -1, partition ID 0, alloc unit ID 72057617208115200 (type Unknown), but it was not detected in the scan.

The Index Allocation Map (IAM) page (0:0) is pointed to by the previous pointer of IAM page (3:21) in object ID 0, index ID -1, partition ID 0, alloc unit ID 72057617209229312 (type Unknown), but it was not detected in the scan.

The Index Allocation Map (IAM) page (0:0) is pointed to by the previous pointer of IAM page (3:23) in object ID 0, index ID -1, partition ID 0, alloc unit ID 72057617209360384 (type Unknown), but it was not detected in the scan.

CHECKDB found 318 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors not associated with any single object.

CHECKDB found 318 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'ABC'.

repair_allow_data_loss is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKDB (ABC).

please advise what action i need to take.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  lan2022nguyen.
  • That's a sysallocations error. You should restore from a good, tested, backup. Or, you can run repair allow data loss, but I'm not sure it'll work. Here's a bit more on the details of the error.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• if i run repair_allow_data_loss, how do i actually determined if there is actually data loss?

do i just take a record count for all table in the database before and compare it with after the execution of the repair_allow_data_loss?

any other consideration?

thanks

• The output will tell you if it has eliminated pages and how many were eliminated. It won't tell you specifically where they are or what was on them.. This is a system level table that's corrupted (if I'm reading it correctly), so you may not be happy. Be darned sure you have a good backup in place first. After that, yeah, row counts are probably the answer.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• The Index Allocation Map (IAM) page (0:0) is pointed to by the previous pointer of IAM page (3:17) in object ID 0, index ID -1, partition ID 0, alloc unit ID 72057617208115200 (type Unknown), but it was not detected in the scan.

ppsspp emulator

pikashow

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  mamaji77111.
  • mamaji77111 wrote:

The Index Allocation Map (IAM) page (0:0) is pointed to by the previous pointer of IAM page (3:17) in object ID 0, index ID -1, partition ID 0, alloc unit ID 72057617208115200 (type Unknown), but it was not detected in the scan.

sorry, what does this mean exactly?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply