DBCC Check Table shows Error

• Hey Folks,

I recieve following error which i guess means we have corrupts data in the table, can anyone suggest how to fix this error without actual loss of data.

Incorrect PFS free space information for page (1:48463) in object ID 1993058136, index ID 1, partition ID 72057594754629632, alloc unit ID 71906736119218176 (type LOB data). Expected value 0_PCT_FULL, actual value 100_PCT_FULL.

Msg 8914, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Thanks to all of you.

• [font="Verdana"]

Hi,

Can you run a DBCC CHECKDB, with the following options:

DBCC CHECKDB ('database_name') WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS, NO_INFOMSGS

Please post the full output here. We have a few very good folks who can help and it might be easier for them to see the output up and ready 🙂

I have done a quick search and looks like this was a Bug in 2005 before SP1 and seems to have been fixed after that. Could you post the edition, version of SQL Server you are running?

Here is a sample post I found:

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2736150&SiteID=1

Regards,

[/font]

-Hope is a heuristic search :smooooth: ~Hemanth
  • Can't say much until the output of checkDB is posted. In the meantime, do you have a clean database backup?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Probably this bug Corruption bug that people are hitting: Msg 8914 - PFS free space

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply