DBCC

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item DBCC

• Now that is really interesting
    nice question to end the week on, thanks, Steve

• Yep, I was 100% sure on this one - after all. I've always known what it stood for .

And .. I .. was .. 100% wrong! :ermm:

Thanks, Steve

• GDownie - Friday, August 24, 2018 1:24 AM

Yep, I was 100% sure on this one - after all. I've always known what it stood for .

Thanks, Steve

Me too! :hehe:

• Deceived By Charming Coincidence.

Yep, I was 100% sure on this one - after all. I've always known what it stood for .

Thanks, Steve

I was originally taught it was Consistency Checker... more recently I've seen Console Command, which immediately made more sense to me.
    Still, I nearly answered Consistency before changing my mind ๐Ÿ™‚

• Michael Lysons - Friday, August 24, 2018 1:29 AM

GDownie - Friday, August 24, 2018 1:24 AM

Thanks, Steve

Me too! :hehe:

Lol +1 :doze:

Thanks, Steve

Me too! As soon as I saw that I was wrong, I remembered DBCC OPENTRAN which is not about DB consistency checks lol.

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• Interesting, yes.  If you had asked what DBCC originally stood for, the answer would be different from what it stands for now. 

Check this out:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Administration/sqlserver7someusefulundocumenteddbcccommands/405/

Even on this site it was once referred to as Consistency Checker.  I took Sybase internals classes many years ago, System 10 and System 11.  Also worked with MS SQL Server since it was released on OS/2.  So I was pretty sure of my answer but I am more of a database developer now than a DBA, so I hadn't had much opportunity (nor permissions) to use it anymore and was not aware of the re-definition.

Thanks, Steve

same ๐Ÿ™‚

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The more you know, the more you know that you dont know

• welp...i learned something.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply