DBA vs Database Developer

• "Sometimes I wonder if I keep on working as database developer/DBA, what kind of future do I have?"

What kind of future do you want? 

If you're saying your boss(es) is an idiot because they think C# on a resume means anything well, aside from being correct, what of it?  Is it acceptible to work for idiots if they think you can walk on water? or just if they pay well enough?  Only the extremely lucky get everything handed to them.

Personally, I want to be a hacker when I grow up... Sailing the seas of the internet with the jolly roger waving over my head...

• I'm not sure it's the best place to speak about hacking...

• My personal opinion - DATABASES ARE HERE TO STAY!

I can't think of a single application that would not need a repository of sorts to hold information....can anyone ?!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• john

Thanks for all your comments.

But 'if you do not have any nice things to say, please do not say anything'.

I put the post up for constructive comments, I do not want to be a laughing stalk.

• Fallen angel...don't know if the last part was a typo but maybe you mean to tell John that you don't want to be a "laughing stock" ?!?!

Though I personally prefer the pretty picture that a laughing stalk conjures up 🙂

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• AdamMechanic, I am LOVING the new avatar!  "Sprinkle 'da floower..., sprinkle 'da floower..." 

I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• ??  That was me being nice... Oh well, back to work leading horses to water...

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply