DBA Resume for US market

• Guys, I created resume but I am not sure will it be competitive on US job market? May be you can give me advice how to change it? May be I did grammar / spelling mistakes whatsoever?

And thank you in advance.

Here it is:

OBJECTIVE:

Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator, H1B sponsorship required.

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:

•Advanced knowledge of deploying and managing Microsoft SQL Server on Microsoft Failover Cluster.

•In-depth knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery solutions such as: database mirroring, log shipping, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, backup and recovery.

•Expertise in database performance tuning.

•Experience administrating OLTP databases with thousands transactions per second.

•Working with multi-terabyte databases of both types: OLAP and OLTP.

TECHNICAL SKILLS:

RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL

Operating Systems: Windows Server, Windows Failover clustering, Active Directory, Linux, Solaris

Software: SQL, Transact-SQL, SSIS, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, PL/SQL, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting

Hardware: servers, network, NAS, SAN, RAID

CERTIFICATIONS:

Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Platform (MCSE)

Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008 (MCM)

MCITP: Database Administrator 2005/2008, Database Developer 2008, Business Intelligence Developer

Oracle Certified Professional 9i (with managing Oracle9i on Linux) and 10g (OCP)

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:

XX/XXXX – PresentDatabase Administrator, XXXXX, XXXXX

•Accomplished data migration from production MySQL database into production SQL Server without production databases outage.

•Numerous performance problems solved by changing physical database architecture, changing logical database architecture, tuning indexes, and maintaining statistics.

•Fortified SQL Server databases by introducing new security policy and reducing application service accounts rights on databases.

•Designed databases health check process which offload DBCC tasks from production environment.

•Log shipping implemented as high availability and reporting solution for all SQL Server production databases.

•Automated process of producing databases for test purposes, which are much smaller in size and have obfuscated data, from latest backups of production databases.

XX/20XX – XX/20XXDatabase Administrator, XXXXX, XXXXX

•Initiated database upgrade of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 instances to SQL Server 2008 with following database consolidation, saving over 50% of licenses costs by unifying database platform.

•Implemented Failover Clustering with SQL Server 2008 for mission critical databases which were mirrored with Failover Cluster databases on disaster recovery site.

•Developed and implemented database reorganize/rebuild index scripts, which incur minimal overhead than standard index maintenance plans.

•Enhanced SQL Server databases security by introducing SQL Server TCP/IP traffic encryption.

•Created reports in SQL Server Reporting Service for internal IT department usage.

•Leveraged aggregations for improving performance of SQL Server Analysis Services cubes.

•Converted SQL Server Analysis Services cubes from version 2000 to version 2008.

XX/200X – XX/20XXDatabase Administrator, XXXXX, XXXXX

•Performed database upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to 2005 and 2008.

•Designed backup and recovery strategy accordingly with business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans. As a side effect SLA improved.

•Fixed several database integrity problems, caused by hardware failures, without data lost and minimal downtime.

•Developed several SSIS packages and Reporting Services reports in order to consolidate data from different sources and present these data to appropriate business users.

XX/200X – XX/200XDatabase Administrator, XXXXX, XXXXX

•Created, tested, and implemented disaster recovery plans for large telecommunication company's production billing database.

•Deployed Oracle 9i instances on Windows Server, Linux, and Sun Solaris.

•Enhanced developers understanding of database systems by conducting training sessions.

•Studied new features of Oracle 10g.

EDUCATION:

Troubleshooting and optimizing database servers using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database.

Maintaining a Microsoft SQL server 2005 database.

Oracle Database 10g Administration Workshop II.

SAPTEC Fundamentals of SAP web application server.

Master of Science in Computer Science - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, 2004.

• I think it looks pretty good. Good luck!

• I can't speak for the whole country but I've found that a lot of "System DBA" jobs now require a fairly indepth knowledge of T-SQL. If you have a good handle on that compared to a lot of people, you might want to mention that especially if you've had to tweak/rewrite stored procedures, views, functions, triggers, etc, to resolve major performance problems. If you haven't, then don't list it because you could end up getting a job you might not like or might not be able to do.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply