DBA in Space

• Ninja's_RGR'us (10/20/2011)

GilaMonster (10/20/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (10/20/2011)

Is there a time limit where I can get a new address? 😀

It's usually 6 months to a year depending on local laws. Otherwise I'd just take a vacation in the UK and declare that I'm resident there. 🙁

Before or after the contest ends? 😀

6 months to a year from time of you moving to the point where you are considered a legal resident of the new location. Depends on the local laws though. The ones I've heard of are that kind of time frame.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Not a DBA, but I'd go in a heartbeat.

Husband and I would volunteer for a one-way Mars expedition since reading "The Martian Chronicles" in junior high. Why isn't someone organizing that? Much cheaper than R/T and gotta die somewhere, right?

• I've found that the only things that most DBA's are "risk adverse" about are safety of the data and the safety of "the system". I know many that ride motorcycles, some that sky dive, many that kayak down some serious rivers or in the ocean, many that scuba dive (sometimes knowingly with sharks), some that are BASE jumpers, some that are pilots, some that hang-glide, a whole bunch that brew and drink their own beer, and even more that drink tap water! 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply