DB Single User mode

• Hi All,

Some body has put one of my DBs in single user mode. But not sure who did it. I checked it in default trace file but no use.

Is there any other way to find out who has changed it.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• No, I don't think so, unless you've already got something set up to track changes like that.

John

• You may try to find it in Windows Event Logs ("Application"). It will show User.

• I believe you can read the error log for the message, and get the spid out of it. Once, you have the spid, hopefully you can get the textual data out of the default trace.

Regards,

Feivel

• I have already checked in default(Old also) trace files, but could not find the information. Seems it did not recorded this event.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Raghavender Chavva

• There should be an entry in the errorlog when the database was altered.

it will say something like:

Setting database option SINGLE_USER to ON for database 'MyDB'. Together with the spid and time of executing.

if you query the default trace you can see an entry for that time and SPID of an object altering of the database. there you can find the name of the culprit.

HTH

Arthur Baan

• Raghavender (6/13/2016)

I have already checked in default(Old also) trace files, but could not find the information. Seems it did not recorded this event.

As I explained before these events are recorded in the error log, and there will be a spid for the same. Once, you have that information you could query the trace file...I don't think the default would hold the information at this time, but you may query somewhat older trace file, and get that data out.

Regards,

Feivel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply