Daylight Saving in SQL Server 200

• What is the best way of implementing daylight saving mechanism in sql server 2000

• Can you clarify exactly what you're looking for?  Microsoft release patches for Daylight Savings Time changes some time ago (though I've heard more may be on the way)...

Joe

• SQL Server picks up time and date information from the operating system.  If your operating system is behaving correctly then nothing needs to be done for SQL Server to work correctly.

However, your applications may have an issue when DST starts or ends.  If an application is recording the time an event occurred, when DST ends you may have multiple events recorded at the same time.  If an application is recording event duration when DST starts, it may show an event took 1 hour longer than it actually took.  Very few applications have his type of dependency, but those that have should convert all dates and times into UTC time zone which does not have DST.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• I agree with what Ed has written above. Use UTC if you have issues and convert on the clients.

SQL picks up changes from the OS within a minute, so if your Windows servers are patched, they'll respond to daylight savings time changes.

• my question was is there any function or external stored procedure in sql server 2000 which checks for daylight saving. If not then how can we implement daylight saving in sql server 200

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply