DATEDIFF format

• Hi,

I use the below code, I can get the duration as hh:mm:ss.0000000.

CONVERT(TIME, DATEADD(SECOND, DATEDIFF(SECOND, last_request_end_time, GETDATE()), 0), 114) AS Duration

But how I can get the format like dd:hh:mm:ss?

Thanks,

• Quick suggestion

๐Ÿ˜Ž

USE TEEST;

GO

SET NOCOUNT ON;

--

-- DECLARE A DATETIME VARIABLE AND SET IT'S VALUE 03:31:35.2730000 BEFORE CURRENT DATE

DECLARE @LAST_RQ_TIME DATETIME = DATEADD(MILLISECOND,-12695274,GETDATE());

-- DECLARE A TIME(7) VARIABLE AND SET IT'S VALUE TO THE DIFFERENCE (DURATION) OF CURRENT AND THE DATETIME VARIABLE

DECLARE @TIME_DIFF TIME(7) = DATEADD(MILLISECOND,DATEDIFF(MILLISECOND,@LAST_RQ_TIME,GETDATE()),CONVERT(TIME,'00:00:00',0))

SELECT

@TIME_DIFF AS DURATION;

Output

DURATION

----------------

03:31:35.2730000

• yujinagata72 (8/1/2016)

Hi,

I use the below code, I can get the duration as hh:mm:ss.0000000.

CONVERT(TIME, DATEADD(SECOND, DATEDIFF(SECOND, last_request_end_time, GETDATE()), 0), 114) AS Duration

But how I can get the format like dd:hh:mm:ss?

Thanks,

You will need to use a DATETIME datatype if your requirement is to capture and retain values over 24 hours. Then use CONVERT to format the output.

โ€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.โ€ - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply