Date format?

• ola,

I have a field of type numeric.

This field contains date in YYYYMMDD format, ie "19981027" ,i want the filed to be displayed in YYYY/MM/DD and ,its a parametrized report so ,i want the @start to look like MM/YYYY. This parmeter would be using the same date field, i'm trying to format .

Thx

SM

• Can you add a type conversion in the query, convert it to Date or DateTime, and use that?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Hi,

Thank you for the reply .

I prefer doing it in the presentation layer instead of doing it in the Database.Is it possible?

Thanks

SM

• Gsquared,

I try to do it your way.

Could you tell me how to go about solving this.

Thanks

Sm

• Change a datatype in the presentation layer?

I'm used to that being done in the data layer or data access layer. Presentation layer is for changing what it looks like, not usually for what data type it is handled as.

Any particular reason you want to do that? It seems to me that it's causing the whole problem here.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Gsquared,

Thank you for the reply .

I'm new to SSRS, I was under the impression that this could be done in the presentation layer( I could be wrong,cos I'm new to this tool)

I have been working as Qlikview developer for a while. Its a very flexble tool, this prob could have been easily sovlved without having to worry about the datatypes in Qlikview.

Would would be the best way, I'm open to trying any method.

Thanks

Swarup

• Most likely, you can add a column conversion to your query in your data source.

Depends on how you built the report.

Property of The Thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply