DataReader Source Error

• Hello, I get the following error when I run my package interactively. From the logs written out by the driver, it appears that all is working well as far as connecting to the data source and pulling data. It seems as if this error occurs when the DataReader source tries to process the received data.

SSIS package "MyPackage.dtsx" starting.

Information: 0x4004300A at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.

Information: 0x40043006 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Prepare for Execute phase is beginning.

Information: 0x40043007 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Pre-Execute phase is beginning.

Error: 0xC0047062 at Data Flow Task, DataReader Source [1]: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] XML parse error at 162:1338: not well-formed (invalid token)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.PreExecute()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPreExecute(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper)

Error: 0xC004701A at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: component "DataReader Source" (1) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0x80131937.

Information: 0x40043009 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Cleanup phase is beginning.

Information: 0x4004300B at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: "component "OLE DB Destination" (691)" wrote 0 rows.

Task failed: Data Flow Task

SSIS package "MyPackage.dtsx" finished: Success.

I am not sure where to look next. Any help is much appreciated.

Dave

• The ODBC driver you are using looks like it is producing a bad data set.

See if there is a better driver to use.

Since it is reporting an XML parsing error, you should look in your data for characters that can impact XML - particularly " ". See if you get the same issue removing data with these characters.

• Thanks, I spoke with the data provider and there were some data quality issues that were taken care of. Now my package is running smoothly again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply