Database vs cloud computing

• I am in university and I will soon have to choose a specialization. Among many of them, database and cloud computing sparked my interest. Would anyone be kind to share their opinions on which is better in terms of job prospects and how the job market of that field will look like in 10+ years? Thanks.

• Both have a future. Further, "cloud computing" is an insanely vague term, like, "I work with computers". Cloud computing encompasses stuff like cloud-hosted virtual machines, services, up to and including data services. In short, you can learn "cloud computing" and learn databases, at the same time. Even saying databases is vague. Relational or non-relational? Analytics or development or administration? These are enormous areas, not specialty areas. You specialize within these areas. Although, this early in your career, I wouldn't try to specialize too much. You literally don't know anything. Yeah, I know, you've got a degree. Trust me, minimum, 18 months on the job before you're really, truly, useful to an employer.

If you want to focus, I'd suggest three general areas, infrastructure (which can be cloud, or hardware, or both), data (which, as I said, is vast), or development (cloud, not-cloud, both). Picking one of these to focus on will let you explore, learn, and then find the area where you want to dive deeper as you understand more.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• First, let me tell you about the database is an organized addition of structured information, data stored in a computer system. On the other hand cloud computing is the on-demand availability of Information Technology & data storage resources on the internet.

• A database is a container of information, often transactional, which is stored electronically. Organizations often have many databases, each of which stores information from a single operating system, such as online sales.

The information in a database is usually organized using a relational system, where the data is stored in columns, rows, and tables. Here, the data is constantly added, updated, deleted, and modified directly in the technical catalog of the database.

In general, databases do not have a graphical user interface to display information. To access and analyze information in a database, the user would need a solid understanding of a query language such as SQL to navigate the data. All in all, to take full advantage of the power of information in a database for analysis, you need a highly trained database administrator who can query all day long or connect your database data to a self-service analysis solution.

A cloud is made up of water droplets or ice crystals floating in the sky. There are many types of clouds. Clouds are an important part of Earth's time.

• Cloud technology, in comparison to earlier database systems, provides run-time scalability, variable resource usage, and optimal performance... When it comes to establishing databases via cloud apps, most businesses still keep their server hidden.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply