Database Snapshot

• <<Question of the day>>

Database snapshots are available in which SQL Server 2008 R2 editions. Select 2.

Sorry - you were wrong

Correct answer:

Standard, Enterprise

Explanation:

In SQL Server 2008 R2, database snapshots are only supported in Enterprise and Data Center editions.

Ref: Features Supported by the Editions of SQL Server 2008 R2 - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx

Join the discussion about this question

Contribute a question of your own

<</Question of the day>>

Thought something was wrong with my eyes when I saw "Sorry you were wrong"! This is an unusual case where the answer differs from the explanation πŸ™‚

Points back pls!

Kwex.

• Thank goodness I'm not the only one this time. This one was so easy I almost had heart failure when it said I got it wrong. Luckily there was a flaw in the programming of the QOTD instead.

• cengland0 (7/15/2011)

Thank goodness I'm not the only one this time. This one was so easy I almost had heart failure when it said I got it wrong. Luckily there was a flaw in the programming of the QOTD instead.

I can imagine your face when it said you were wrong πŸ˜€

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confussed!

Please can I have my points?

• I was so outraged that it said I had got this question wrong that I threw a brick through my screen and sent SQLServerCentral the bill.

I then noticed that the error had already been pointed out so decided to point it out again πŸ˜‰

• Koen Verbeeck (7/15/2011)

cengland0 (7/15/2011)

Thank goodness I'm not the only one this time. This one was so easy I almost had heart failure when it said I got it wrong. Luckily there was a flaw in the programming of the QOTD instead.

I can imagine your face when it said you were wrong πŸ˜€

Ha, you're right. Perhaps I take these QOTD's too seriously. I used to be OCD until I got addicted to these great pills that help me not care as much but I still have the tendencies to worry about missing these questions. Maybe I need a stronger dose of my chill-pills.

• I was so cross with that I smashed up my PC, battered the silicon chips inside, fried them up and ate them with a nice chianti.

I am even more annoyed because I legitimately got a few wrong recently through poor reading comprehension so my scores are a bit down πŸ™

• http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190677.aspx is clear enough on the subject, but I went with the info on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx: "Database snapshots, introduced in SQL Server 2005, are available only in the Enterprise editions of SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2008 R2." I knew it was in the Datacenter, really, but was still compelled by the force of that MS-statement. And got it totally wrong as a result, of course. Could I ask MS to reinstate me for this point as well, or do I need to post forum messages to make up the balance? :hehe:

• well, forsqlserver!!!

you posted, correct documentation but incorrect answer!!!!

[font="Times New Roman"]rfr.ferrari[/font]
    DBA - SQL Server 2008
    MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
    the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!
  • i know we are all human and we all make mistakes but something as easy as this shouldn't really slip through the net.

hope they resolve and redistribute the points

• stewartc-708166 (7/15/2011)

To add a slighly different spin on things - I'm sure people learned something, as they will have done a bit of homework to make sure of their answers when it showed up as incorrect.

So, the aim and spirit of QotD (viz. to learn something new, or refresh knowledge already gained) is achieved.

If that's true, then wouldn't it be better if they gave the wrong answer every day! :hehe:

Seriously, I'm only posting this to get the point back for having had a correct answer marked incorrect. πŸ˜‰

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Anyone who knows who contributed the question and answers?

β€œWhen I hear somebody sigh, β€˜Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, β€˜Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris

• It looks like a mistake again in the QOTD. Point please, as I checked Enterprise and DataCenter (which is correct)

Thanks,

Rob

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• kapfundestanley (7/15/2011)

Anyone who knows who contributed the question and answers?

Probably the guy/girl who started this thread?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply