DataBase Role Deletion

• In SQL 2005 I under the Database Security I created a Database role called GroupRole. I have datareader and datawriter rights to this role. I also added a user account to this role. I didn't specify a owner so SQL Server put 'dbo' as the owner. After doing my test I removed the user account from the GroupRole then deleted the account and the associated login. When I attempt to delete/drop the GroupRole I created SQL SERVER tells 'THE DATABASE PRINCIPAL OWNS A SCHEMA IN THE DATABASE, AND CANNOT BE DROPPED'. I looked over the web and but couldn't find any thing that gave a solution to this problem. On the GroupRole Securable option I check and there's no schema defined. I'm assuming the problem is occuring because the 'dbo' has a schema. Am I wrong to assume this? I can't drop the dbo. I tried adding guest as the owner but the role still wouldn't get dropped. What am I missing? Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

• Ok, I answered my own question. Basically, In the schema folder db_datareader and db_datawriter was still showing GroupRole as the schema. Any how I changed the schema owner back to it's respected name via db_datareader and the same db_datawriter. Boy do I feel silly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply