database restore from 7.0 to SQL2K??

• I have a question for you concerning backing up a SQL 7 database and restoring it in SQL 2K. The database in question has snapshot replication that runs once/ night.

The first time we did the backup and restore replication was left in place. The results were that non of the column defaults where present when the database was resored in SQL2K. I then completely removed replication and went through the backup and restore process. Perfect... the defaults were in place. Not so perfect... the triggers no longer functioned properly. The final resolution was to script the database, create it on the SQL2K server and then transfer all the data over via DTS. Everything is functioning properly now.

Luckily for us this database is only about 400MB. We have 7.0 databases that are well over 100GB that have replication and triggers. Is there any way to get everything to come across using backup and restore for upgrading?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I have not seen issues with triggers from a backup in 7 to restore on 2k. But as for replication I always get the message database was under replication but will not be when restored. How are you getting different?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply