Database recovery

• Hi

In my sql server 2000 i am having a db with 40 gb in simple recovery mode.since last one week i am facing a problem. after restarting the sql service the db is taking more time to become online .for a long time it is in recovery mode. Kindly help

• What mode is it once the SQL service has been restarted?, is SQL service takes a long time to restart??

• Hi

When we restarted the sql services other dbs came online fastly.Only one db taking more time to become online. it is in recovering state

• hmm this is nothing to do with a recovery mode, if the database is on recovery mode then its trying to completed some uncompleted business before restart? is this a production database?? how often do you restart SQL services ??

• HI

This is a production server. daily we are restarting the services.The problem start happening since last week

• Out of curiosity, can i know the reason for restarting the service on a daily basics,

On the other hand, is there any code changes that have been made on application that access the database, check this, try to stop SQL server from configuration manager and then try to start it rather than restarting it.

Before restarting check how many threads were using that database. 🙂

• HI

as per client request we are restarting the services.

• Do you ever run DBCC CheckDB against the production database causing issues for you? If not, it may be a good idea to check the overall health of the database from time to time but especially as soon as it's online, if possible. 40Gb is not a large database these days and you should be online withing a minute or two at most.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Hi

DBCC is running every sat

• And it always comes back without error I'm guessing?

• Hi

Yes.The recovery issue is only for one db.all other are fine.

• binu.m a (3/4/2009)

Hi

Yes.The recovery issue is only for one db.all other are fine.

Yeah, i understand that. CheckDB runs for one database (or potentially all, depending on your script). Anything in the SQL log, after it does come up? How about event logs on the server, anything odd there?

• HI

Nothing on error log.

• Please execute DBCC CHECKDB with ALL_ERRORMSGS,NO_INFOMSGS

MJ

• Is the database in question on a separate physical disk(s) than the others? Have you checked event logs on the server to see if anything is going on hardware-wise?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply