database problem

• hi friends

i have a challenge to generate the reports based on the frent data which is moving to there respect tables we should find that data and generate the reports, is there any chance to find that data which is moving which table

thanks

lingareddy

• mvlingareddy2129 (4/23/2016)

hi friends

i have a challenge to generate the reports based on the frent data which is moving to there respect tables we should find that data and generate the reports, is there any chance to find that data which is moving which table

thanks

lingareddy

Hi and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately your description of your problem is not clear or detailed enough to make any suggestions for solutions, could you please elaborate further and provide more details.

😎

• Let me see if I understand. You're moving data from one database to another and you want to know which data was moved? Do you want to identify the data in the new database or on the source? How are you moving the data? Using stored procedures or ssis or a different method?

Is this to validate the copied rows are the same in source and destination?

Do you need help with English?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Thanks for asking

i am doing health care project,my application used by enduser when the patient came to hospital enduser fill patient information and saved by enduser.but this data moving to there respect tables.

but my proublems is generating reports, we don't know tables and columns

based on the frent end application data we should find out tables and columns

• So you're having problems writing reports because you don't know the ins and outs of *where* the data is being stored? It sounds as though you either need to get hold of some documentation about the database schema, or use a tool to generate the documentation and then spend a while reading it. I would suggest looking at Red Gate's SQLDoc[/url]; I would also suggest looking at their free SQLSearch utility[/url] (a plug-in to SSMS that searches the schema)

Good luck!

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• thanks for given reply

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply