database mirroring on mirror only.

• So I've been off for a few weeks & the stand in has messed up my mirroring on a couple of dbs.  He's not here & I don't know what he's done.

• On the principal - the database is standalone.  No meta data in database_mirroring to suggest mirroring.
    • On the mirror - the same database is listed as mirror, synchronizing, restoring.  The meta data is all there.

I want to delete the mirror db & re-mirror.  I can't drop the db on the mirror as it thinks it's mirroring.  I can't ALTER DB x SET PARTNER OFF on either.  I can't start mirroring.  All produce expected errors.

The only 2 things I have left to try are:

1.  Alter the database_mirroring table to make the mirror realise it's not in a mirror relationship.  drop.  remirror.  Need to check any associated tables.
    2.  Drop the database on the principal.  Suspect this will still leave me in a pickle.

Any other ideas / suggestions?

This is live & I have no test system.

• Update - restarted the SQL server on the mirror & the issue resolved itself.  Meta data was amended & I was able to drop the databases.  Not ideal & unsure how it occurred but it worked.

• Thanks for the update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply