database mirroring

• Hi,

I followed a document to do database mirroring in two server.Server A have two instances .I made one as principal and another one as witness.Server B have one instance I made that as mirror and followed the following steps.

But i got again the error 1418, the server network address cannot be reached or does not exist.Can anybody help me for this error??

Editor's Note: Section quoted from book removed.

• A quick read through the (overly-long) notes tells me that you are trying to create ALL the endpoints on TCP/4040.

That is fine if each MSSQL Instance is on a separate server. But you have one server with two instances. You will have to change the Port number for one of the endpoints.

Andy

• If I may suggest - remove the extract from a wrox book as it is probably (at best) borderline copyright infringement - posting copyrighted works on a public forum.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hi,

Yes i changed the port number to 4041 for witness.Then also not working.

Thanks and Regards ,

Megha

• Perhaps you could be a little more specific? What, exactly, is not working? What steps have you taken to figure out what is wrong?

Is the long copy-and-paste document from a Wrox book, or any other copyrighted source? If yes, I second the GilaMonster and strongly suggest you remove it. If nothing else, it is overly long and largely irrelevant.

Andy

• I looks that this post text is just a copy/paste from some book chapter which is the voilation of copyrights can you please tell what actually is not working.

Basit Ali Farooq
    MCITP Database Administrator
    Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (Web Applications)
    Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
    CIW Security Analyst
    Cisco Certified Network Associate

• I had a similar problem that ended up being a DNS entry problem. As a test, you can change the server name the endpoint is pointing to and use the IP instead. If this works, you hae a DNS problem.

Tim White

• ping the server with hostname.

if not put an entry in host file and try to connect that server through osql

• Please note: 2 year old thread

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply