Database mail issue

• Hi All,

Few months back, database mail is running fine but now when I tries to send a test mail or any job notification it status is 'unsent' in msdb.dbo.sysmail_allitems.

I am getting no error in database mail log. but in event viewer I am getting following error -

"Error Message:The update to the database failed. Reason: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sysmail_logmailevent_sp', database 'msdb', schema 'dbo'."

Though I am trying to send mail using administrator account and sql server agent is also running under administrator account.

I am using sql server 2008. Any suggestion.

Thanks

Vivek

• I am also getting the same error. Pl help...

• Are you logging into the server using a windows administrator account? When you state that SQL Server and SQL Server Agent are running with an administrator account - do you mean the service account is a member of the local administrators group?

If so, are you aware that by default on SQL Server 2008 installations - the builtin administrators groups is no longer added to SQL Server and granted sysadmin rights?

Are you also aware that running SQL Server with a privileged account is not recommended?

And finally, if you are also running on Windows Server 2008 - the security model has changed and unless you specifically un-checked the Service SID option in the install, the database engine and agent now get access to SQL Server using a Service SID instead of getting access directly.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Hi Williams..

Thanks for helping.. I have solved my problem, just followed your suggestions...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply