Database Mail

• I had database mail up and running perfectly up until recently. The SProc still gives the message that the EMail was queued, but the recipient never gets it. I checked the mail log and keep getting this message:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2008-06-17T15:07:25). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)).

)

I used to use anonymous authentication. I figured the SMTP server probably was kicking it back thinking it was being used for SPAM. I changed to basic authentication with the proper EMail account and password. I'm still getting the same message.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Todd Fifield

• Have there been any changes to the exchange server config that you know of?

• This sounds like someone as added spam software to the exchange server, Ask you SA to unblock the key words or allow your user to send mails.

• We're not using Exchanger server. Just POP-3 and SMTP hosted somewhere else.

You think it's SPAM blocking by the hosting service?

Todd

• Try

sysmail_stop_sp then

sysmail_start_sp

See if this solves the issue.

• Mani,

I already tried that.

Todd

• Who are you using for your smtp connection? Maybe they are blocking this, do you have a microsoft or unix server in office that can access the net if so try installing smtp server on that and using that as your gateway.

• Thanks guys,

It sort of points to some sort of SPAM blocking on the SMTP server we're using. I'll get it sorted out with them.

Todd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply