Database Mail

• Hi,

I have configured the database mail on the sql server 2005 which is in Doamin (CCCCC) by using same domain(CCCCC) SMTP mail server(Mailserver.com).Its working fine and did not give any problem. but while configuring database mail by using SMTP(Mailserver.com) server on the sql server 2005 which is in another domain(AAAA), it is not working and giving the following error message

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2010-05-06T06:38:59). Exception Message:Could not connect to mail server. (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xxx.xx.xxx.xx:YY). )

Please update your feedback to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

• Confirm network connectivity to the mail server- i.e. can you telnet to it over port 25 (telnet servername 25).

• I agree, this feels like either a DNS problem or a connectivity problem..

CEWII

• i can able to ping the mail server from the server where i am configuring the database mail then what could be the issue.

• Everytime I have seen this it has been down to firewall rules which is possible in your case as well given that you are crossing domains. As requested confirm network connectivity to the mail server- i.e. can you telnet to it over port 25 (telnet servername 25).

If it is a firewall issue you will not be able to connect till the required ports are opened

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply