Database in suspected mode

• Thank you everyone, I was able to take care of my problem,the only thing is when I run sql job for replication:here is the code:runs under Replication snapshot:

-Publisher [DB1] -PublisherDB [Home_database] -Distributor [DB1] -Publication [home_database] -DistributorSecurityMode 1

get error:The process could not retrieve information about the transactional/snapshot publication 'Home_Database'. The step failed.How can I fix it?

Thank you

• How did you 'take care of the problem'? What exactly have you done? What exactly is the situation? What exactly are you trying to do?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I restored a back to a new database.

Had to delete publication for replication otherwise couldnt delete bad database, Of that database from local publication. SQL job that was sat up for this publication is now failing. How can I re create ?

When I was able to restore back up, I delete it bad database and re name to the old name

Thank you

• At a guess, you'll have to delete the job, create a new publication, and create a new job for the publication. Books Online should have the information you need.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Before I delete it,is there way to find out what was execly replicating from one db to another? thank you

• If you've already deleted the publication, then there's no information remaining as to what was replicated, that's defined in the publication.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Krasavita (7/2/2013)

Before I delete it,is there way to find out what was execly replicating from one db to another? thank you

Didn't you make those notes before you deleted the previous publication? The one this job is trying to run?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Is there way to see in distribution database?

• If you dropped the publication, no.

Gail Shaw

• You really need to get someone with replication experience in your environment to temporarily help you with this.

• I restored old distribution database from last week, where can I find out what I had before?

• Brandie Tarvin (7/2/2013)

You really need to get HIRE someone with replication experience...

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply