database diagrammer bug?

• Hi all

Just come accross a curlly one today on our DEV server. Basically had a analyst using the database digrammer (no changes made as yet, just viewing)... whilst he was looking around I added him to a role to ensure that he couldnt create/delete etc tables from the database and diagram. He then went ahead and altered a table and attempted to save. At this point it told him that he couldnt and of course complained bitterly .. anyhow, then i noticed that the FK's for the table had all disappeared!? (ie. dropped). Ive repeated a couple of times now. Anyone come accross the same problem (rare as it probably is) ?

Cheers

Chris

P.S Im not a jerk dba btw 😉 i forgot to apply the role whilst I ran some schema comparison checks and needed a solid base line to run against.

Chris Kempster
    www.chriskempster.com
    Author of "SQL Server Backup, Recovery & Troubleshooting"
    Author of "SQL Server 2k for the Oracle DBA"

• I have not seen this. But I dont use the feature that often, usually just when I need printed copy of the schema for a few tables to reference while Im working on something else. Have you looked through MSDN to see if any posted issues?

Andy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply