Database Diagram printing problems

• Hey Kurt -- I was definitely in the same boat, actually exporting to Visio when I needed to print. I still find exporting to be pretty important to do, as I often lose the most current version of the diagram through backup/restores when going from DEV to STAGING to PRODUCTION and the other way sometimes too.

Have you tried the suggestion to place an entity near the top and bottom (and possibly sides) of the page boundaries (near the page break lines). This really cleared up the printing issue I was having entirely.

• Surprised this is the first time I have seen this question because I have always had this problem in SQL Server even from earlier releases. It was never fixed by MS and I never found a "real" solution although I found a work-around.

Put a tiny x in the lower right corner of every diagram page. That forces the print mechanism to think the diagram takes up the entire page and it doesn't try to format the page for you.

• Doing "Copy Diagram to Clipboard" and pasting into Word used to work for me in MS Word 2007. However, it does not appear to work with Word 2010. I just get an outline of a table, but the columns are not visible. Any suggestions on how to copy a diagram into Word 2010 would be appreaciated.

• HH-489628 (3/25/2013)

Doing "Copy Diagram to Clipboard" and pasting into Word used to work for me in MS Word 2007. However, it does not appear to work with Word 2010. I just get an outline of a table, but the columns are not visible. Any suggestions on how to copy a diagram into Word 2010 would be appreciated.

Actually, it's not a problem with Word 2010. After more testing, the culprit appears to be Remote Desktop. The pasting does not work only if I copy the diagram in a remote desktop window and try to copy it in a Word that's running on my local box. The work-around is to run MS Word on the box where SSMS is running.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply