Database corrupt - Msg 8966, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

• Server : SQL Server 2008R2
    Microsoft Windows server 2008 R2

Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts.
    Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.
    Msg 8966, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
    Unable to read and latch page (1:4885088) with latch type SH. Latch failed.
    CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors not associated with any single object.
    CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors in database 'XYZ'.

Each time I run DBCC CHECKDB the latch page number changes. There is space in tempdb.
    Error started after the server was rebooted after windows patch installation.

DBCC CHECKCONSTRAINTS/DBCC CHECKCATALOG/DBCC CHECKALLOC does not report any error.
    DBCC PAGE points to different objects as the latch number changes. I have not run the repair option. Any other thoughts on this error ?

Any help in this regard will be helpful. Thanks.

Sanz
  • Sanz - Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:28 AM

Server : SQL Server 2008R2
    Microsoft Windows server 2008 R2

Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts.
    Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.
    Msg 8966, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
    Unable to read and latch page (1:4885088) with latch type SH. Latch failed.
    CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors not associated with any single object.
    CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors in database 'XYZ'.

Each time I run DBCC CHECKDB the latch page number changes. There is space in tempdb.
    Error started after the server was rebooted after windows patch installation.

DBCC CHECKCONSTRAINTS/DBCC CHECKCATALOG/DBCC CHECKALLOC does not report any error.
    DBCC PAGE points to different objects as the latch number changes. I have not run the repair option. Any other thoughts on this error ?

Any help in this regard will be helpful. Thanks.

Try running DBCC CHECKDB using the WITH TABLOCK hint, more info here.
    😎

• Don't bother with repair, it'll do nothing.

Got a clean backup?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • 2 days old backup is clean. Is there no other way as I don't find any user tables corrupted.
    Can you please share some more information on this error.

Sanz
  • Did you try what Eirikur asked?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply