Database

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Database

[font="Verdana"] There is no Wrong time to do a Right thing πŸ™‚ [/font]

• Its quite good to post these type of questions. Thank you Samith for the easy point.

• Maybe a little bit too easy πŸ˜€

But apparently some people still get it wrong.

Or maybe they just sneezed while picking the answer and thus accidentily clicking the wrong button.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (7/12/2012)

Maybe a little bit too easy πŸ˜€

Or maybe they just sneezed while picking the answer and thus accidentily clicking the wrong button.

Yeah, its worrying to see some people think master is also tempdb...

:ermm:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Good: Correct answers: 95% (70)

I never saw a qotd with 100% of correct answers.

• Nice question on basics.Thank you.

β€œWhen I hear somebody sigh, β€˜Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, β€˜Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris

• Henrico Bekker (7/12/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (7/12/2012)

I am assuming that some people are very new to SQL...... Either that or some people are TSQL writers and have no idea about the inner workings. Also possible.

If a DBA got that wrong....... it would be worrying.

• Henrico Bekker (7/12/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (7/12/2012)

Currently 5% are confusing it with Model !

Thanks for the question

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks for the question. I need a back to basics style question now and then to ensure I do have the basics.

A good explanation as well for those that got it wrong without relying on the person understanding the linked MSDN articles (which face it can be confusing to the beginner).

I may not do in depth into the programming yet but it doesn't stop me having a go with every question.

This was one of the few questions I could answer with certainty (excluding humour ones).

• nice question.Thanks for remind me basics.

Thanks
    Vinay Kumar
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Keep Learning - Keep Growing !!!

• Thanks for the easy point. But after the indexes question the other day I thought it may be a trick question.

• Thanks for the easy point. I was able to recognise all 4 system databases from the descriptions given, a nice wee test.

Feels like the first question in a SQL exam. Amazed that so many people got this wrong, but there are valid explanations in previous comments for that I guess.

• Very easy QOD ... but then wondered, what is the gimmick, what am I not understanding ... after reading it about 10 times I concluded no tricks, nothing hidden just a plain simple question.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Thanks to Samith for the Question and Explanation. It was only "easy" because I knew the answer. Still, not every question need be a "puzzler". It's good to have other areas of the brain stimulated once in a while. πŸ™‚

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply