Data viewer - can I get it to jump to the row where the task failed?

• Hello all,

I have setup a SSIS task for importing a csv flat file into an OLE DB destination. There are about 64,000 rows in the csv file. After about 51,800, my task is failing. In my data viewer, I'd like to see the record that failed (ideally) or if that's not possible, the one before the one that failed. Unfortunately, when I click the 'play' button in the data viewer, only 100 rows at a time are displayed. It would take 518 presses of the play button to get to the row where the task is faililng.

Without pressing 'play' 518 times, is there a way I can get the data viewer to display the rows as they are processed, and then stop when the task fails so that I can see the most recently processed row? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Not that I know of.

But there are a couple of things you can do.

1) Find a decent text viewer that will open big files quickly and allow you to navigate directly to the failing row. I use the (free) 'Large Text File Viewer' - pretty innovative name huh? Does the job.

2) Change the error output of the OLEDB destination so that it redirects errors to another table.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks Phil, yes I was using textpad to do that, but was hoping to 'see what SSIS sees' aswell in the data viewer.

I just found out that you can click 'detach' in the data viewer and then 'attach' again right before the problem row, then click play to run on to the section where the problem is. Now I can see my data where the problem is, just have to figure out what it is!

Thanks again,

C

• Really? Did not know that - thanks for sharing.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply