Data Vault Modelling

• Hi Dear Friends, 

I have got a  project where I need to implement "Data Vault Modelling".

I was completly blind about this topic and don't have any idea how / what can be done for this, in Microsoft SQL database. 

Obviously, I came to know through the online articles, as this technic is meant for "Oracle Database"

My Question:
    Kindly advice me, is it possible to implement the same technic in Microsoft SQL database as well.

if  "Yes", please guide me how to achieve it.

If "No", do we have an alternate technic for this in Microsoft.

Many thanks,
    Prabhu

• prabhu.st - Thursday, July 26, 2018 3:34 AM

Hi Dear Friends, 

I have got a  project where I need to implement "Data Vault Modelling".

I was completly blind about this topic and don't have any idea how / what can be done for this, in Microsoft SQL database. 

Obviously, I came to know through the online articles, as this technic is meant for "Oracle Database"

My Question:
    Kindly advice me, is it possible to implement the same technic in Microsoft SQL database as well.

if  "Yes", please guide me how to achieve it.

If "No", do we have an alternate technic for this in Microsoft.

Many thanks,
    Prabhu

Yes, it is possible, have a look at this post
    😎

• Hi Eirikur, 

Thanks a lot for the reply with valued informations..

I saw the post you suggested.. looks there is a bunch of information where I can get good Idea about my doubt..

Thanks again,
    Prabhu

• prabhu.st - Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:41 AM

Hi Eirikur, 

Thanks a lot for the reply with valued informations..

I saw the post you suggested.. looks there is a bunch of information where I can get good Idea about my doubt..

Thanks again,
    Prabhu

You are very welcome and please post back if you run into any problems.
    😎

• Just to let you know, the Data Vault design paradigm is database agnostic.  There are quite a few books out there that discuss the methodology and you may want to check them out.  A good place to start would be Amazon as I have purchased a couple from there that I am reading.  Haven't gotten far so I can't give you any recommendations.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply