Data shows up in SQL Server but not in SSRS Report

• Hello all,

I ran into a situation I could use some help on. I created a report that has multiple levels of hierarchy to it. In some cases, one level of the hierarchy may be null while others contain values and this is normal. When I run a query out of SQL Server with the Stored Procedure, the data comes out as it should however, when I run the report out of Visual Studio, I do not get those null values.

I have changed the null values to a specific value and even if I try and filter it in the report designer I get no results. When I apply the filter is SQL Server, I get results.

There are no filters on the table the data is in, nor the dataset, etc...I am obviously missing something and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Visual Studio can create a cache file for reports , so it skips getting the data from the server during a report preview. if the data changed, or the cache didn't have data for different parameters than what you are testing with now, you'd get reports that don't match with what REALLY exists on the server.

if you find and delete all *.rdl.data files on your machine, the preview will download a new chache.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I searched my entire machine and there were no .rdl.data files on my computer replated to this particular project. Any other thoughts?

• I got my solution. I was using a multiselect in my where statment and I had to add a case to that in order for it to work.

Thanks for your help!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply