Data Security

• Hello everybody, I generated a self-signed certificate, Force encryption but sql server still accepts connections without certificate. Is it possible to force all clients use SSL certificate that wants to connect my instance? Ie. password and user name is stolen by somebody, by forcing every requester use SSL ceritifcate, I quarantee privacy of my data. Thanks.

• Is this the documentation you're looking for?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/enable-encrypted-connections-to-the-database-engine?view=sql-server-2017

Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können

• Thank you for your response. Although I configured my instance with all those steps, still I can not force clients (including SSMS requests) to use my self signed certificate. My problem is to quarantee and force every request to use my self signed certificate. But it seems it is an option for any requester including SSMS client. I can connect with my SSMS client to my instance without using any encryption and security check.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply