Data Modeling for Marketing Data.

• Attached is a sample of my table structure currently.

My data source is from Google Campaign manager. When I extract the different tables as indicated in the sheet, I get a difference in figures(I am taking over from a person who did the initial design). E.g Impressions might be one figure in my "fact table" and another figure some where else.

Problem is, there are no primary keys and also tying the tables to one another is also difficult, link might be between dates. The database is Google Bigquery/Azure Cloud.

Do you have any idea how to do a proper data design with this type of marketing data and does it need to be denormalised? From research I gathered, Bigquery data design is best as denormalised.

I would also like to move away from spreadsheets, I believe this is also part of the chaos.

I believe CM360 Data Platform is my fact table.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • My thought is that you'll need to break this question down to smaller chunks, quite a large ask here!

😎

Having assessed the information you posted (and more importantly what is not there) I would guess it is around a one week's worth of work 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply