Data missing in HTML on SSDT16 and Report Builder

• I'm having an issue with the soft render of a simple report in both SSDT and Report Builder environments in 2016. I'm sure there is a sample solution but I'm unable to find a solution on the web/forum. 

I'm actually just using a simple tablix with a couple of fields inserted as I'm refamiliarising myself with the environment as I'm from a Crystal Reports background. The data might initially display but disappears after switching between design and preview. More interestingly, the report views perfectly when utilising print preview in with both applications and exports .pdf correctly.

All is installed locally on my laptop with Windows 10 and Administrator privileges. Any help would be appreciated as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

• design view caches data when it's run the first time, and uses that for design purposes. it does not run the query every time.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/338009/ssrs-different-results-in-data-tab-and-preview-tab

if you search and delete any *.data files on your local drive, the next time the report is run in designer mode, it will get fresh data and create a new cache file.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell - Friday, February 10, 2017 7:08 AM

design view caches data when it's run the first time, and uses that for design purposes. it does not run the query every time.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/338009/ssrs-different-results-in-data-tab-and-preview-tab

if you search and delete any *.data files on your local drive, the next time the report is run in designer mode, it will get fresh data and create a new cache file.

Hi Lowell,

Thanks for the response. I've tried this and unfortunately it didn't help. The table is still displayed, and a couple of date fields within one of the columns but nothing else. Any other ideas, or how can I provide further useful information?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply