Data Import issues with a CSV file for an SSIS package

• Hello all, I'm trying to create an import package using BIDS. I'm using SQL Server 2008. The data is saved as a .csv file so that I can use the flat file option for data source. The issue I am having is that when I preview the flat file after selecting it as the datasource, some of the data that have the numeric file format are showing up as non numeric, for instance the value -1,809,575,682,700 is being viewed as ""1 and the package is giving a conversion error. I'm not certain why this is happening and I am hoping somebody here can shed some light.

Regards and thanks

• Hi

Have you trying by converting each field to the specific type on the ssis side? there is a component for it

• Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have not tried that. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Regards

• At the SSIS Toolbox there is a "Data Conversion" Component, you can put that between your source and the destination, that I am assuming is a table and change the type of that column that is not behaving properly.

Or do you see the change in the format from the source component?

• Hi,

A data conversion does exists and its supposed to change the filed into currency data type. Why it seems that its not working, I'm not sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply