Data factory question

• Upon my adventures of Azure data factory and all the wonders it can do I have stumbled upon a issue that Microsoft support has no answer as of yet. Long story short, I am trying to ingest data from a storage blob in another tenant. That customer will only allow us to connect to that storage blob with a public ip. I have been arguing with them on why using a private endpoint connection is better but it’s a losing battle. Now according to every doc I read using a self hosted runtime will get me that static ip. However, that doesn’t seem to work when connecting to a azure storage blob. Any ideas? Maybe I am doing something wrong or overlooking why the selfhosted IR doesn’t work with azure storage even though MS docs say they do. Any answer is appreciated thanks everyone!

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• This should work.  I am a little lost on your explanation - are you saying that they have allowed the IP of your SHIR in their storage network settings?  If so, it has to be the outbound IP address which if this is a server in your data center then the outbound address won't be the address of the server itself.  This page has some options for determining your external IP - make sure you do it from the server hosting the SHIR.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply