Data Driven Subscription Workaround

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Data Driven Subscription Workaround

• Thanks for sharing! We did a similar workaround, except we created a configuration DB and normalized it, due to the complexity of our systems.

• How is the performance with your solution compared with the enterprise SSRS rendering? I tried a clumsy solution of calling each report individually but the performance was way too slow. With the enterprise SSRS, I can render 1500 PDF files and store on a file server in 15 minutes. My solution was taking way over one hour.

We have an older version of the Enterprise SSRS just for this report. Would love to ditch it and use the 2016 version for all of our reporting.

Thanks.

• Interesting solution. Just proves the point that there are always many different ways to achieve the same result.

We solved this issue with a very basic C# console app which called a stored proc to obtain the report parameters and then generate PDF's using the web service. Not sure about timing, but it was way quick enough for our needs.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply