daily differential back up failed

• penu.v8 (11/20/2012)

hmm.. welll need to dig into that since the full back up too writing to the same folder..

i dont understand err:

Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

any idea where can i configure this..?

This is "standard" output from a generic SSIS package. You can try to log more contents of the failing Agent job but opening up the Job, going to the Step (should only be 1 considering this is a system generated Maintenance plan), Edit the job in the list, go to "Advanced", then specify an output file - ex: C:\temp\failingjob.txt

This sometimes will capture more information (but not always)

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• +1 Gila...she beat me to the draw!

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• @ Gila

yes the job suceeds creating all the back up files in the job

but the job get failed..!

strange

• What about when you turn on the extra logging?

You can try to log more contents of the failing Agent job but opening up the Job, going to the Step (should only be 1 considering this is a system generated Maintenance plan), Edit the job in the list, go to "Advanced", then specify an output file - ex: C:\temp\failingjob.txt

• what diff can this make..?

i am not sure of this..!

• @@ MyDoggieJessie

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility

Version 10.50.2500.0 for 64-bit

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved.

Started: 1:52:28 PM

Error: 2012-11-20 14:12:15.70

Code: 0xC002F210

Source: Back Up Database Task Execute SQL Task

Description: Executing the query "BACKUP DATABASE [amMaintenance] TO DISK = N'Z:\DU..." failed with the following error: "Cannot perform a differential backup for database "amMaintenance", because a current database backup does not exist. Perform a full database backup by reissuing BACKUP DATABASE, omitting the WITH DIFFERENTIAL option.

BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

End Error

Error: 2012-11-20 14:12:15.71

Code: 0xC002F210

Source: Back Up Database Task Execute SQL Task

Description: Executing the query "BACKUP DATABASE [amOperations] TO DISK = N'Z:\DUM..." failed with the following error: "Cannot perform a differential backup for database "amOperations", because a current database backup does not exist. Perform a full database backup by reissuing BACKUP DATABASE, omitting the WITH DIFFERENTIAL option.

BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

End Error

DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).

Started: 1:52:28 PM

Finished: 2:12:15 PM

Elapsed: 1186.73 seconds

any ways ty for replying to my queries i got the possibility oof my err

some 1 has changed my full back up maintanace plan becos of which i am facing error in diff backup (as the full back up is not available for that db)

thx all

• Glad it helped 🙂

• Guru Nagabhushan (11/20/2012)

Some questions:

1. Is the backup occuring to a network share or local disk / SAN ?

2. Since this is a maintenance plan running on SQL Agent, did the serviuce account change recently ?

3. Any other errors in the event logs around the same time ?

4. Was any database restored on this instance that has not been backed up using a full backup ?[/quote]

Thats why I asked that question 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply