Cursor to fetch record from two table and insert to another

• Hi

I have to fetch record from two table and insert to the third one with the help of cursor. Please help. below is the table

Table 1:

CREATE TABLE AA (

id INT PRIMARY KEY,

first_name VARCHAR(50),

last_name VARCHAR(50),

Subject VARCHAR(30) )

INSERT INTO AA(id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (10001, 'Atul', 'Upadhyay','Computer Science')

INSERT INTO AA (id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (10002, 'Nandita', 'Upadhyay','Computer Science')

INSERT INTO AA (id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (10003, 'Mitesh', 'Gupta','Science')

INSERT INTO AA (id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (10004, 'Aditya', 'Jha','Computer Science')

INSERT INTO AA (id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (10005, 'Sushil', 'Kumar','English')

INSERT INTO AA (id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (10006, 'Pratap', 'Singh','Hindi')

---------------------------------------

Table 2 :

CREATE TABLE BB (

id INT PRIMARY KEY,

first_name VARCHAR(50),

last_name VARCHAR(50),

Subject VARCHAR(30) )

INSERT INTO BB(id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (20001, 'Ankit', 'Anand','Computer Science')

INSERT INTO BB(id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (20002, 'Atul', 'Anand','Computer Science')

INSERT INTO BB(id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (20003, 'Ashish', 'Gupta','Science')

INSERT INTO BB(id, first_name, last_name, Subject)VALUES (20004, 'Amod', 'Jha','Computer Science')

Table 3: to be inserted

Create Table CC(

id int,

first_name VARCHAR(50),

last_name VARCHAR(50))

I need the ID,First_name,Last_Name where subject name is Computer Science (With the help of cursor only)

Thanks

• Homework, isn't it? 🙂 otherwise there is no reason to use an explicit cursor.

Do you remember joins from a couple of classes ago? Try populating the cursor joining your two base tables.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • 😀 I can do this by join ..but unable to do this with cursor ...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply