Cube Deployment issue

• Hi All,

I am kind of lost . SSAS Cube deployment with the message 'You cannot deploy the model because the localhost\SQL deployment server is not running in multidimensional mode. 0 ' I have searched all the forms and everywhere tried to accommodate the fixes they have given. But still no luck. I am able to connect to Analysis Server using SSMS.But in Cube processing fails. please guide me how to fix

• It sounds like you are connecting to a Tabular instance.

If you right click the server name in the SSMS object explorer, the properties should tell you the server mode. If it is tabular and you need to deploy a multidimensional cube, check the services to see if there is a second named instance of SSAS running. We used AWS EC2 instances that have SQL preinstalled and the SSAS default instance is tabular so we have to install a second instance to run multi dimensional as well.

• Thanks for the inputs I have resolved the deployment issue. Now  I am faced with another issue when I process the Cube  getting this error message

OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.; 28000; Cannot open database "AdventureWorks" requested by the login. The login failed.; 42000.

I checked some online forums tried to change the connection the connection string and checked with with vein

please guide

• It sounds like it may be using the service account to connect to the database. If the cube is already deployed, you should be able to edit the Security Settings of the connection in SSMS. Try changing it to use the credentials of the current user (you) or to impersonate another windows account. If you modify the connection in SSAS it will likely be overwritten next time you deploy the cube, so when you find something that works it's worth making the same change in the cube  project.

Another option might be to change the SSAS service account to an AD account with database access, but it's probably easier to modify the connection security settings.

• Have solved the issue made some security settings in SSMS. It worked. Thanks for your help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply