Cube Aggregations

• Right now we have two kinds of users, building people, and everyone outside the building. Our Hierarchy is set to company -> Region -> Building. We have 1 company, 3 regions, and about 35 buildings evenly grouped in the three regions.

Right now, if I look at a figure on the company level, I see 47, which is the buildings summing up to the region level, and the region summing to the company level. I have this because I'm 'outside the building'.

If building person 1 has access to building 1, if they look on the company level, they see 47$. If the open it up, they only see 1 region, and inside that, only one building. That part is fine. So if their building number is 8$, the region is 15$, and the company is 47$, they see 47, then 15, then 8.

Is there a way for me to change the cube so that building person 1 only sees 8 all the way up? We don't want the people in the buildings to see the company or regional level totals. We have roles in the cube for each building.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

M@

• You don't explicitly say so, but I assume you're using dimension level security attached to those roles.

Under dimension level security, on the advanced tab, there's a tick box "Enable Visual totals" - this will apply the security all the way up the hierarchy, i.e. showing 8 all the way to the company level.

Personally, I'd have made it enabled by default, but hey.

• It is possible to set dimensions so that only certain items show depending on the user. This is too complicated to go into in this environment. You need to google SSAS security or SSAS dimension security and start from there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply