CU14 for SQL 2017 - R and Python CAB file issues

• Hi, have a standalone Dev SQL 2017 instance that is was at CU13 build level (14.0.3048.4).  Today I installed CU14 however while the DB Engine, SSIS, etc have upgraded successfully it failed for R Services and Python. The upgrade for these is via separate CAB files.  I have found out from the DBA who installed CU13 that he did not bother with any upgrade CAB files for Python and R so I am assuming that is why it failed for CU14 - Python & R are still at RTM or the version that is installed with SQL 2017.

My question is that save for uninstalling CU14 and CU13 and starting again with the correct CAB files for R and Python is there a way of upgrading them without going through the CU13/14 installer process? The server with the SQL instance has no outbound connection to internet so I d/l the files from here:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/advanced-analytics/install/sql-ml-cab-downloads?view=sql-server-2017

TIA

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply