Critical: The query notification dialog on conversation handle in sqlserver 2008R2 sp2

• Hi Experts,

Basically i am from oracle apps background but taking care of adhoc-queries of sqlserver. i have see the following errors in sqlserver logs. Can you please guide how to trouble shoot it.

Server Configuration

===============

Edition ProductLevelServerType VersionNumber

Enterprise Edition (64-bit)SP2CLUSTERED Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2) - 10.50.4000.0 (X64) Jun 28 2012 08:36:30 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Critical: The query notification dialog on conversation handle '{A4CC2645-63E9-E411-8DA3-00215A9B005E}.' closed due to the following error: '<?xml version="1.0"?><Error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQL/ServiceBroker/Error"><Code>-8490</Code><Description>Cannot find the remote service 'SqlQueryNotificationService-6cd8cf6a-c817-4fda-8ff4-92e4da550f92' because it does not exist.</Description></Error>'.

Checked couple of blogs and forums, came to know its due to service broker enabling if i am right how to solve this issue and what is the exact use of this Service Broker.

Appreciate your response, Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Sai

• Service Broker is a messaging and queuing engine within SQL Server. You can read more about it in the Books Online. It appears that this error was addressed by a hotfix[/url]. Make sure you have the latest service pack and any relative cumulative updates.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Thank you for the prompt response. Have read some articles regarding the issue and it was mentioned that to upgrade to SQLSERVER R2 SP2, as of now i am already on SP2. Do i need to update to SP3.

Is they any implications if we not act immediately, as of now i see some performance issues in server. Even though after performing index optimized and stats update.

Can you please suggest, will intimate the same to the client.

Thanks

Sai

• I'd go with the latest service pack, yes.

I'm not sure this will address any performance issues you're hitting. This may or may not be related. I would capture wait statistics, server metrics, and query metrics in order to understand what is causing slow performance.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Thank you very much for you valuable suggestions. I will go with the Service pack upgrade from SP2 to SP3.

Regarding the performance issue will do the complete health check mertics.

Thanks

Sai

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply